|posted: 11/28/2021 at 5:15:38 AM ET
Diamond saw blades have become the cutting tools for the hardest materials and the leader in woodworking dry cutting tools.Its super-hard performance and durability are the nemesis of woodworking materials.Diamond saw blades have a Vickers hardness of 10000HV,strong acid resistance,and cutting edge.The mouth is not easy to passivation.
The processed wood has good quality at one time and high wear resistance.Compared with cemented carbide,it is more wear-resistant.The continuous operation time for chipboard,MDF,wood floor,veneer and other cutting processing can reach 300~400 hours,The maximum useable scrap time can reach 4000 hours/piece.Compared with cemented carbide blades,the service life is longer,and the processing efficiency and processing accuracy can meet the highest quality requirements.Therefore,the quality of the diamond saw blade will also affect its use effect.Therefore,when choosing a diamond saw blade,you need to distinguish it carefully.
The following points are for reference only:
1. First, check whether the cutter heads on the diamond saw blade are in the same straight line. If the cutter head is not in the same straight line, it means that the size of the cutter head is irregular, and some may be wide or narrow, which will cause unstable cutting and affect the quality of the saw blade.
2. You can look at the concentration and distribution of emery exposed on the cutter head. Within a certain range, when the diamond concentration changes from low to high, the sharpness and cutting efficiency of the saw blade will gradually decrease, while the service life will gradually extend; but if the concentration is too high, the saw blade will become dull. However, with low concentration and coarse particle size, the efficiency will be improved. Using the different functions of each part of the cutter head during sawing, using different concentrations (that is, the middle layer can use a lower concentration in the three-layer or more layer structure), and the middle groove is formed on the cutter head during the sawing process. It is helpful to prevent the saw blade from swinging, thereby improving the processing quality.
3. Observe whether the weld seam is tightly welded to the base body. Before the welding seam and the base body, there will be a welding seam after the brazing. If the bottom arc surface of the cutter head is completely fused with the base body, there will be no gap. The gap indicates that the cutter head on the diamond saw blade and the base body are not completely fused. This is because the curved surface at the bottom of the cutter head is unevenly ground.
4. Measure the weight of the saw blade. The heavier and thicker the diamond saw blade is, the better, because if the saw blade is heavy, the greater the inertial force during cutting, the more stable the cutting. Generally speaking, the 350mm diamond saw blade should be about 2 kg, and the 400mm diamond saw blade should be about 3 kg.
5. Check the hardness of the substrate. The higher the hardness of the substrate, the less likely to be deformed. Therefore, whether the substrate hardness meets the standard will directly affect the quality of the saw blade during welding or cutting. After the base body is processed into a saw blade, it is a good saw blade.
Origin address: https://www.wanlongstone.com/How-to-choose-diamond-saw-blade.html