Quick Links

This Day in Music History

Music Education @ DataDragon.com

Music Education Forums

Maintain Your Forum Information

Bernadette Peters - Broadway's Best

Sudoku (take a break for a puzzle!)

Topic: How do you read this?
From the Music Questions forum.

Post a reply or begin a new topic.

View other threads or jump to a different forum.

AuthorTopic:   How do you read this?
Anonymous Poster

From Internet Network:

posted: 5/18/2005 at 9:32:14 PM ET
View Anonymous's profile  Edit/Delete this message  Reply with a quote  

On the page it says :unison next to mp what is that speffically called ???

Registered User

Ashley PA

posted: 5/20/2005 at 7:01:08 PM ET
View imnidiot's profile  Get imnidiot's email address  Edit/Delete this message  Reply with a quote  

The mp is an abbreviation for mezzo piano, and unison refers to the text being sung in unison. It is not sung in parts, such as soprano tenor alto bass etc. All voices sing the same melody.

I am a fragment of my imagination

Registered User

Winnipeg, Canada

posted: 5/20/2005 at 7:25:13 PM ET
View toonz's profile  Get toonz's email address  Edit/Delete this message  Reply with a quote  

Just to add to that, mp or mezzo-piano, means play the piece at a moderately soft volume but not quite as soft as piano.

Do you think this topic is inappropriate? Vote it down. After a thread receives a certain amount of negative votes it will be automatically locked.

Please contact us with any concerns you might have.
Site Design/Implementation copyright (©) 1999-2003 by Kevin Lux. Our privacy statement.
Please email with any news updates or pictures you may have.