Quick Links

This Day in Music History

Music Education @ DataDragon.com

Music Education Forums

Maintain Your Forum Information

Bernadette Peters - Broadway's Best

Sudoku (take a break for a puzzle!)

Topic: Bass Clef
From the Music Questions forum.

Post a reply or begin a new topic.

View other threads or jump to a different forum.

AuthorTopic:   Bass Clef
Registered User

posted: 8/12/2003 at 10:33:17 PM ET
View HAWGDADDY's profile  Get HAWGDADDY's email address  Edit/Delete this message  Reply with a quote  

What happens when the Bass cleff moves on the staff...?
How do the notes change ?..

Visit Me At www.hawgdaddy.com

Registered User

posted: 8/12/2003 at 11:00:08 PM ET
View Taciturn's profile  Get Taciturn's email address  Edit/Delete this message  Reply with a quote  

Just always remember that the line between the 2 little dots is F. Hence the bass clef is also called the F clef. I think the bass clef only moves down in one other position, this is used mostly for the baritone singers in choral music. So in that case it's probably called the baritone clef. I don't think it's very common in music for bass guitar or string bass, whichever you play. But I'm not sure.

Do you think this topic is inappropriate? Vote it down. After a thread receives a certain amount of negative votes it will be automatically locked.

Please contact us with any concerns you might have.
Site Design/Implementation copyright (©) 1999-2003 by Kevin Lux. Our privacy statement.
Please email with any news updates or pictures you may have.