This Day in Music History
Music Education @ DataDragon.com
Music Education Forums
Maintain Your Forum Information
Bernadette Peters - Broadway's Best
(take a break for a puzzle!)
PMessage: Post Reply (with quote)
Identify yourself and then enter your reply.
You are posting in reply to the thread entitled
- or -
Post anonymously (no login required)
#beginquote# Let me make a comment from a teachers perspective. I don't teach Band, because Bands here are community-based, such as Lions, Rotary, etc, and also Bands don't play at sporting functions, only in marching roles like public holidays, etc, so very few schools have then as an option. I do, however, teach Choir, and any music teacher will tell you that Choir and Band are the two hardest and most stressfull things encountered in a week of clesses. ""It is the teachers responsibility to provide a quality education to all "interested" and "co-operative" students. "" Indeed it is, and ""interested"" and ""co-operative"" will apply to 90% of students in any group. The other 10% can cause real problems. Here, in Australia, music is mandetory for at least one period each week k-6 and for two periods years 7-10, which means that kids who are not interested in music are forced to at least attend class. I would suggest the guy is working hard, and yells because it's the only way he can make himself heard over the talking and joking going on. I know I yell on occasion for just that reason. Cut him some slack. Baruch 3:14 #endquote#
Site Design/Implementation copyright (©) 1999-2003 by
with any news updates or pictures you may have.